How to Install and Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
as a long time user of MWB pro i can say its great, especially with real time protection enabled. even if you have a good av you should still scan regularly with this (even if you dont go for the pro version). on my current build i have the pro version of malwarebytes paired with avira free and have yet to have a serious infection in going on 4 years. (yes i get the occasional tojan but thats down to me rather than failings of my anti malware solution... so give MBAM a go, you wont be disappointed as it will find stuff even the very best av's can miss.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
as a long time user of MWB pro i can say its great, especially with real time protection enabled. even if you have a good av you should still scan regularly with this (even if you dont go for the pro version). on my current build i have the pro version of malwarebytes paired with avira free and have yet to have a serious infection in going on 4 years. (yes i get the ocasional tojan but thats down to me rather than failings of my anti malware solution... so give MBAM a go, you wont be disappointed as it will find stuff even the very best av's can miss.

grumpigeek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Malwarebytes used to be good back in the day.
Since then, the creators have, with ridiculous installer, forced use of pro etc. turned it into a steaming pile of excrement.

Status
Not open for further replies.