How to make bluetooth speakers & computer speakers play simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanm7

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I just bought a bluetooth speaker (sony srs-bt100). It connects to my desktop computer fine, and I can easily switch between my computer speakers (simple 2.1 set) and my sony bluetooth ones using sound-playback devices-enable/disable.

However, I cannot figure out how to get my bluetooth speakers and computer speakers to play at the same time. Is this possible to do?

My operating system is windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

pranavsharma2504

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011

Have you got a solution yet??

EdwinHowell

Estimable
May 16, 2014
The same problems occurred with me too. I recently bought a Bluetooth shower speaker from http://www.abcotechbrand.com/product/bluetooh-shower-speaker-yellow/ shop which is connecting easily with my desktop computer. But I am also not able to get these speakers and computer speakers play at the same time. Can anyone help us out in this problem?

C A Quixote

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

I happened across this solution; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXD-D42vZ4 .
Only downside is that there's a slight delay in audio from the bluetooth device being that it's being relayed through. I haven't been able to address that just yet.

sheikh2

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

I found my solution to play through PC speakers (audio jack) and Bluetooth speakers.
download a free program called
voicemeeter
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

After installing you can ignore hardware input which is the first two column controls, Focus on hardware output, A1 and A2, set them to your speakers, so for example; A1 set to PC speakers, A2 set to your Bluetooth speaker. WDM

*You may have to adjust the delay of ms to sync the speakers. Menu>system options>;lower right corner default is 0 ms (in my case, A1 Speaker was playing before A2, so I set a 190ms delay on A1.)
*In the menu tab there are options to have the program hide program/start with windows/use keyboard volume controls to work. (Sett his up if you want it to start every time and not close on you.)
*make sure to set voicemeeter as default device in Windows sound options.

If you get stuck just mess around with it. After 20 minutes of playing around for the first time I got it done.

Reactions: Thor

dougiestyletone

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
The simple way is to buy a bluetooth speaker that has an "audio out" jack. Direct the music to your bluetooth speaker and run a cable from the speaker output to your computer speakers input. Then you will have coordinated music being played by bluetooth speaker and your 2.1 speaker system.

Si Shock

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015
Take a look at Virtual Audio Cable (google it), it's software that allows you to manipulate your computer's audio output in many ways.

It's complicated at first but I use it to have multiple audio sources playing at the same time.

Only possible issue is that I'm using multiple hardware connected speakers (TV speakers and computer speakers), but as far as I know it should be able to handle bluetooth as an possible audio output just fine.

gar7

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016
Thanks Sheikh2,

I checked this thread before buying Bose speakerlink mini 2 (great btw) and had them working in sync with computer speakers within 5 mins following your advice. Fair to play to Vincent Burel for the donationware software available for free. I'll be donating.

Davrada

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Awesome Awesome Awesome.

This was a great solution!

Thank you!!!

lepermessiah

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Works perfectly. This is really, really cool. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.