Question My laptop's speakers crack after playing games. How can I solve this?

Sep 25, 2022
After 5 mins. playing games, my laptop's speakers sound becomes "crisped/distorted". It sounds like this:
View: https://youtu.be/VObXxkPj-dA

It doesn't happen when I use Bluetooth headphones, so it must have to do with the laptop's hardware. Additionally, when the sound breaks, the framerate drops (it goes down from 30 to 60 to from 5 to 15 more or less). When I try to play without audio, the framerate drops too.

I've set all my settings to Performance over Quality but nothing changed.

What am I supposed to do?

Laptop specs:
Nombre del dispositivo LAPTOP-CGPSCFUH
OMEN HP
Procesador Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
RAM instalada 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador basado en x64
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Last edited:

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
After 5 mins. playing games, my laptop's speakers sound becomes "crisped/distorted". It sounds like this:

It doesn't happen when I use Bluetooth headphones, so it must have to do with the laptop's hardware. Additionally, when the sound breaks, the framerate drops (it goes down from 30 to 60 to from 5 to 15 more or less). When I try to play without audio, the framerate drops too.

Could be any number of issues.

Try raising the sound quality in Sound Control Panel.

It also sounds like you are playing on an emulator??? Check your program's settings.

Does your laptop happen to be a Dell? Repaste the CPU and GPU as the 1050 is O L D at this point and some component maybe overheating.

Reactions: AtomoDelFinal
Sep 25, 2022
Could be any number of issues.

Try raising the sound quality in Sound Control Panel.

It also sounds like you are playing on an emulator??? Check your program's settings.

Does your laptop happen to be a Dell? Repaste the CPU and GPU as the 1050 is O L D at this point and some component maybe overheating.
Hi and thanks for answering.

I've tried multiple times to adjust the sound quality in Sound Control Panel as well as updating sound drivers, but it never worked.
I'm not playing on an emulator (even though I know what you mean), the audio is from GRANBLUE FANTASY: VERSUS, and I'm playing the PC version. The same thing happens if I play Elden Ring, Yugioh Master Duel, basically any kind of game.

My laptop's an OMEN. I'll check both CPU and GPU, thanks

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Hi and thanks for answering.

I've tried multiple times to adjust the sound quality in Sound Control Panel as well as updating sound drivers, but it never worked.
I'm not playing on an emulator (even though I know what you mean), the audio is from GRANBLUE FANTASY: VERSUS, and I'm playing the PC version. The same thing happens if I play Elden Ring, Yugioh Master Duel, basically any kind of game.

My laptop's an OMEN. I'll check both CPU and GPU, thanks

This may sound odd, but there might be magnetic dust in the speakers. Any particulates like metal shavings, pocket sand, etc that gets stuck inside the laptop will be attracted to the speakers.

I left a screw in my old Toshiba once and this happened, didn't know what it was till I took it apart again.

It could also just be really crappy speakers. If you pass the decible threshold the speakers are rated for, the diaphragm will hit the housing and cause this noise. Does it happen when you lower the volume?

Sep 25, 2022
This may sound odd, but there might be magnetic dust in the speakers. Any particulates like metal shavings, pocket sand, etc that gets stuck inside the laptop will be attracted to the speakers.

I left a screw in my old Toshiba once and this happened, didn't know what it was till I took it apart again.

It could also just be really crappy speakers. If you pass the decible threshold the speakers are rated for, the diaphragm will hit the housing and cause this noise. Does it happen when you lower the volume?
It doesn't happen when I lower the volume. I've just discovered that the sound problem only happens when playing 3D games. I've played Deedlit and Umineko: Golden Phantasia (two 2D games with almost no 3D assets) and the sound and frame rate work well, so it might have more to do with the CPU/GPU stuff you mencioned earlier.