How to make my Cox cable remote connect to rca soundbar to control the volume

lorihs4

Commendable
May 31, 2016
How can I make my Cox cable remote control the volume on a RCA Soundbar? It will let me turn the channels, but won't let me control the volume. I have a Ruku 55 in Smart TV. Any suggestions?

If your Cox cable box has variable audio outputs then you could connect those directly to the soundbar. That wouldn't help with the Roku or smart TV functions which would be on a different input of the soundbar.
You could get a universal remote that would combine your remotes. A learning one would ensure that the right codes could be programmed. Logitech Harmony remotes would do the job since they have a large database of codes.

If your Cox cable box has variable audio outputs then you could connect those directly to the soundbar. That wouldn't help with the Roku or smart TV functions which would be on a different input of the soundbar.
You could get a universal remote that would combine your remotes. A learning one would ensure that the right codes could be programmed. Logitech Harmony remotes would do the job since they have a large database of codes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question Can't control the volume of my Samsung HW-J355 soundbar with my LG magic remote anymore
Solved! get tv to play without original remote
How do you add the Smart Home Hub using the cable remote for your TV?
Solved! Change from DVD to cable no remote only power button need input
How to scan a Sylvania model #LC320SLX for any free channels without cable and without a remote
Last person using tv in motel, connected a fire stick for gaming. Now the universal remote doesn’t work properly - how to f
My flat screen television CRA will not go back to my cable no remote only option s I get are pic and sound
Solved! Tv remote wont work then works
how can I program a jvc tv remote to work as the cable remote for infinity cable box ?
Very Slow Remote
LG TV won’t turn on from remote control but it will turn on when I press the buttons on the TV, it just randomly started thi
Samsung TV un60h7150afxza - wireless and cabled internet issues + remote issues
How to control source input for my Sceptre tv using my cable remote
How do I change the input to cable on my vision without a remote control what will be the ok button once I get to input to cha
After installing new xfinity cable service with voice remote can no longer transmit audio via optical cable to home theatre re
how can I shut my vizio tv off without the remote?
Accidentally hit wrong key on remote and lost cable. How do I️ get back to cable? All have now is a fuzzy white screen
Im having trouble connecting my dvd to my t.v all av cables r in correctly i have no remote to change inputs and only have cha
How do you connect an LG Smart TV, Vizio Soundbar, cable box with cable remote?
single cable in wall, want to run antenna and CATV provider on same, need remote control swith unit to connect on both ends

ASK THE COMMUNITY