How to make my Cox cable remote connect to rca soundbar to control the volume

lorihs4

Commendable
May 31, 2016
How can I make my Cox cable remote control the volume on a RCA Soundbar? It will let me turn the channels, but won't let me control the volume. I have a Ruku 55 in Smart TV. Any suggestions?

Solution
If your Cox cable box has variable audio outputs then you could connect those directly to the soundbar. That wouldn't help with the Roku or smart TV functions which would be on a different input of the soundbar.
You could get a universal remote that would combine your remotes. A learning one would ensure that the right codes could be programmed. Logitech Harmony remotes would do the job since they have a large database of codes.
If your Cox cable box has variable audio outputs then you could connect those directly to the soundbar. That wouldn't help with the Roku or smart TV functions which would be on a different input of the soundbar.
You could get a universal remote that would combine your remotes. A learning one would ensure that the right codes could be programmed. Logitech Harmony remotes would do the job since they have a large database of codes.

Solution