How to make tv a "clone" of my Acer Laptop Monitor (vga on Acer to VHS/DVD to old Hitachi TV)

falconfeathers

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
I want to transfer the identical images from my Acer Laptop monitor screen to my TV so they are identical. I want to be able to watch the Youtube videos from my Acer laptop on the TV screen. I also want to be able to work on my manuscripts using Word Perfect or Word but on the larger screen.
Which cables and which sequence would work best to connect the Acer Laptop to the Panasonic DVD Player.....to the Hitachi TV?
I have a relatively new Panasonic which is both VCR and DVD. It plays the old VHS DVDs perfectly, transferring to my 32 inch 25 year old Hitachi TV, crystal clear sound and image. I have an Acer 1692 laptop and am experimenting how to view Youtube amazing videos on TV either directly from Laptop or through the VHS/DVD Player. In the choices, it also includes VHS, DVD, and USB (not sure how that works.Would that mean if I attach a USB cable between laptop and DVD, that the computer will transfer TO the DVD then TV?
I am also an author and would like the TV to copy the Laptop screen, only enlarged. The Acer has the 15 pin VGA and S-Video 7 pin.

This doesn't sound easily doable to me. Not sure what you mean by "in the choices". My best guess on the USB port on the DVD/VHS player is that it is only used to update firmware or to perform diagnostics on the unit by people repairing/servicing it. But I could be mistaken. You haven't provided model numbers of the DVD/VHS player or the TV, so who knows?