How to Make Your Yahoo Email More Secure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
um, sure, it Does offer a good extra degree of protection even from the NSA if they are looking somewhere new...

but wasn't it recently said in a recent Tom's article that the NSA likely pressured many companies like yahoo over the years to hand over their SSL keys so they Could read our mail freely ? (also see recent PRISM news etc giving companies ordered protection to deny giving Gov. access)

A false sense of security is much worse than no security at all and knowing you are not secure.

I feel right now that if you want to really feel safe, enact your own 3rd party encryption ;)

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
@ TOMS

it would be REALLY NICE if you guys would actually even make a small effort to fix the comments posting bugs.......

1st post = red warning with "!" and no error description.

I wait a min or so and reload the page freshly (not hitting F5 with the "#comments" in place which creates Double posts)

see nothing posted - so Post again then get a Double Post -.-"

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
So now Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, etc. will be really secure!!! Until the mail servers deliver the users' messages to other mail servers, that is.

There really isn't much security - at all - in SMTP. A lot of (if not all of) the time, the messages get transmitted from the sender's mail server over the internet to the recipient's mail server in clear-text. So, yeah, from client to mail server is secure, but from there it's less secure than snail-mail.

I can assure you that a large effort is being made to fix this problem that came with the new forum software. So much moderator time is wasted deleting the duplicates.

Absolutely! Encrypted onion routers are the only way to go.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
It is good to hear that this issue has not been forgotten ofc.

Still seems to have been going on for a very excessive amount of time. I can understand intermittent faults are Tough to track down bugs for - but the F5 double post "should" be easy to sort - which is part of why I was starting to feel it was a little forgotten.

oh well, Good Luck Toms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.