How to play 8gb file

Aug 19, 2018
Hi..
I have a movie file of 8 gb .mkv format in my external hard drive (Seagate). My Sony Blu Ray player cannot detect any files.. I want them to play.. pls help is there any way to play large files in Blu-ray player via USB/ external hard drive

Solution
Sorry to inform you players on TVs, DVD/BR boxes are very limited, they are there just so that the vendors can tell you, "look, can play, buy this box!" then when u bring it home, surprise!

CONSULT THE MANUAL carefully, these boxes sometimes can only deal with flash drives, not HD. Then you may have to format the drive in some specific format like FAT32 or eFAT, and THEN (if that wasn't enough) codec support is scant, so u may have to re-encode the video (yeah right).

Good luck my friend.
Sorry to inform you players on TVs, DVD/BR boxes are very limited, they are there just so that the vendors can tell you, "look, can play, buy this box!" then when u bring it home, surprise!

CONSULT THE MANUAL carefully, these boxes sometimes can only deal with flash drives, not HD. Then you may have to format the drive in some specific format like FAT32 or eFAT, and THEN (if that wasn't enough) codec support is scant, so u may have to re-encode the video (yeah right).

Good luck my friend.

Solution