Solved! How to plug my xbox into my All-in-one

Feb 22, 2018
I have an All-in-one computer that has an HDMI input on it and I want to plug my Xbox one into it. However, the cord doesn't fit. Is there an adapter I can use or a different cord (input on one side; output on the other) that I can get?

Solution

Well, the specifications page clearly states it has an HDMI input and Pg. 66 of the User's Manual states clearly that you should be able to connect a console to the system and use it as a monitor.

What I was looking for was to see if there was a specific HDMI type cable (HDMI Type C, mini-HDMI) for the device, but neither the specs nor the manual state so.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Illustrious

1. Are you 100% positive it has an HDMI IN? Most don't.
How have you determined this?

2. "the cord doesn't fit".
HDMI is HDMI. You seem to be looking at a different port type.

Feb 22, 2018

Yeah, it does have a HDMI IN. I don't know why it doesn't fit but I've tried. I know that HDMI is HDMI but there may be something in the port blocking the cable from going in.

Well, the specifications page clearly states it has an HDMI input and Pg. 66 of the User's Manual states clearly that you should be able to connect a console to the system and use it as a monitor.

What I was looking for was to see if there was a specific HDMI type cable (HDMI Type C, mini-HDMI) for the device, but neither the specs nor the manual state so.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Feb 22, 2018

USAFRet

Illustrious

Unless we know what he said, no idea.

But standard HDMI comes in only one size and shape.