How to power 3.5mm to RCA audio speakers

Jul 15, 2018
I have a 3.5 male to male RCA audio cable. I have 2 RCA Speakers each with a male RCA cable too.

The problem is, using a coupler to connect the RCA end from the adapter cable to the RCA end of the speaker brings no sound and I'm guessing that it needs power, what do I need or what should I do?

Thanks in Advance

Solution
Probably, RCA outputs usually mean low-level output which usually inputs to an amp. Really need more details, too difficult to guess what size amp to recommend without knowing at least how much power the speakers can handle. If you can give the make/model of the speakers and what you audio output you are connecting from will make a world of difference with recommendations.

Just a shot in the dark, this amp, use the 3.5mm M-M that comes with the amp in place of your 3.5mm/RCA cable, and something like this for your speaker outputs. If they are low-watt speakers just be careful not to turn up the volume too high...

Probably, RCA outputs usually mean low-level output which usually inputs to an amp. Really need more details, too difficult to guess what size amp to recommend without knowing at least how much power the speakers can handle. If you can give the make/model of the speakers and what you audio output you are connecting from will make a world of difference with recommendations.

Just a shot in the dark, this amp, use the 3.5mm M-M that comes with the amp in place of your 3.5mm/RCA cable, and something like this for your speaker outputs. If they are low-watt speakers just be careful not to turn up the volume too high...

Solution