How to re enable my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hello,
I accidentally disabled my laptop monitor. I no longer get any image from it, it is no longer listed as an option when choosing primary/secondary monitor. I am currently using my TV as image input on my HP pavilion dr4, using windows 7. Please help.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You usually make the switch by using the Fn key, to the left of your spacebar, in conjunction with one of the Function keys. One of those - usually F5 - will have a graphic of a screen, or possibly two, and that's the one to use.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

Hi,

yup, I tried. I have no image whenever I select a different output than my tv. I literally have no image unless I keep the HDMI connection.

It's a reversal of disabling - right click the adapter in Device Manager and click the Enable button. If that doesn't work, click to uininstall the device completely then restart the system. The Found New Hardware wizard will cut in and reconstitute the orignal settings.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
The Dispay Adapter shows as being Enabled. After Disable, Enable, Restart, nothing happened. Aftern Uninstalling the driver - restart - the wizard picked it up and updated it, still nothing. Disconnected the HDMI cable and played around with windows key+P a few times, still no image. Reconnected the HDMI cable - my computer monitor is selected as the projector with no image, my tv as the primary. When I select duplicate image, the resolution appears as being the laptop's display.

Right click anywhere on the Desktop and go to properties then Settings and Advanced then set the primary screen as the only one, just for experimental purposes. The laptop's own screen should show up in the drop down box of available monitors. You can put the second screen back on after you've sorted this out.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Right click on Desktop - Personalize - Display - Change display settings...the only monitor available was my Samsung TV. I created a secondary monitor (on VGA), the image comes out black.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
To be more precise, in change the appearancce of your displays, I had only my tv as a monitor, the case next to it said 'Another display not detected'. I clicked on Detect, the list added "Available display output on : AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, to which I have no image, and no ability to make any modifications.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
It stopped working when I manually disabled its driver in Device Manager 2 months ago. I have only one listed, AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. I know I must be doing something incorrect.

miru_pop

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
There's the HDMI, 1 VGA (15-pin), eSATA+USB, 1 RJ-11 (modem) and 1RJ-45 (LAN). i checked a topic on hp.com regarding black screen on a pavilion hp laptop. I followed their instructions as far as doing a hard boot (took all the connections out, took the battery out and left it for 30 sec, then restarted the computer without the HDMI connection, and observed a sequence of blinking caps lock*num lock keys, without sound, or image. Here's the link.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01732674&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4041680

Status
Not open for further replies.