How to reboot acer aspire 8730

daljitkapoor

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
WHEN I START OR ON MY LAPTOP FIRST IT SHOWS 32RUNDLL NOT FOUND AND THEN TOO MANY SITE AND PROGRAMMERS START AUTOMATICALLY
NOW I WANT TO REBOOT MY LAPTOP ACER ASPIRE 8730 BUT DON'T KNOW HOW.. I DON'T HAVE ANY CDs TO PUT IN PLEASE ADVICE ME HOW CAN I REBOOT MY LAPTOP

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I found these instructions on another site. Your hard drive might have a recovery partition installed on it. Try this to see if you can basically reimage your drive to factory defaults - it sounds like this will reformat and you will lose all data and programs that were created since you got the laptop ;

"To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings."