How to recover deleted files from mobile memory card on a Nokia N97 Mini

gudmommyjaye

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hi there.
This is my last resort before I give up and resort to just using a new SIM card with a new number and a new phone. But I figured I should try and seek help here before I finally accept my phone data is lost forever so any help/advice greatly appreciated.

First of all, as everyone i have asked has told me, i know i was a fool for not backing the data up beforehand but i didnt and i cant undo that. I am an idiot i know.

Here is what happened.
I have used the Nokia Software Updater once before without any issues to rectify the intermittent ringtone problem, i did not lose any data from my phone when i did this.

Recently i was having problems with turning on my N97 Mini. At first I thought it was a battery problem because it wasn't charging anymore and it would turn on but go and die a few seconds after, So I bought a new battery but still the phone dies. So I took it to a techie who told me that phone's usb port may be the problem.. I left my phone to be fixed and later in the day he told me phone was fixed. I was aghast when I got there to find out he had re-installed the software and reformatted the phone, My important data was lost! Some pictures renained for some reason but all my contacts and TEXT messages that I had filed in folders were gone, All my 3 years data and work text gone!

I lost the data on the phone.

The problem is i couldn't care less about the phone as phones may be replaced but not my years of valuable data!

I was told when files are deleted they are sent away in some hardrive oblivion in a different form and may be retrieved.. please let me know if this is so,,

Thanks in advance,

Jaye