How to register my name on online USA phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows how could I register online my name on phone number (voip) that i rented online? The registration should be either online or via phone call. I want that institution verifies my phone number ownership but the problem is that they have some special automated system and further require me that MY OWN NAME must be registered as official owner of that phone number. I know one solution could be adding the phone number to credit report. Phone provider definitely cannot help here since phone number was not provided by them but rented online (e.g. voip). How can i register my name to such phone number? Its NOT google voice.

Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
yes i will use my real name of course but it seems like you didn't understand my question: i am asking how to register my real name on phone number that i rented (bought) online and not via carrier.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
yes, services like Ringcentral or Callcentric but i have no idea how could i officially register, either temporary (for few days) or for long-term (few months), my name on that phone number so national institutions could verify me.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Paypal, IRS, Bank of america, US Postal Service, Fedex, UPS, and many more. The name must be officially registered on the phone number before the number can be validated using text message. The problem is we have no idea what does ''officially'' mean in this case and what is ''official'' enough. So not sure if contacting credit report bureau would help. They probably validate based on some whitepages phonebook or something like this. I have no idea. Just want to register my name on phone number.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
this depends on the company/institution name. Most common two errors where similar to:

"The name on phone number doesn't match your name."
or
"The phone numbered entered cannot be used for verification."

there are four reasons what could have happened:

• i don't know where and how to correctly register my name on phone number
  • someone else's name may be on the phone number i rented. In such case name registration had happened BEFORE i rented the phone number.
  • the verification system cannot technically access the phone number to be able to verify it before sending text message, not just existence but particularly that my name is registered on it
  • assuming that credit report is not used for automated verification system, the whitepages source, being auto accessed, doesn't have the phone number. Obviously it doesn't because i don't know how to register. Don't even know which source is being checked.

I would particularly like to emphasize that going to the carrier store and purchasing physical (not prepaid or virtual) number is NOT the solution i am searching for. As i said multiple times, i am looking for online solution of registering my name on phone number. Somehow i need some help with integrating my phone number (with a name) on some official phone book (whitepages) but don't know how and where. Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
do you mean the team who is behind the website since i said multiple times there is no carrier? if so, i already asked but they said they don't offer name registration service.

do you mean the team who is behind the website since i said multiple times there is no carrier? if so, i already asked but they said they don't offer name registration service.

There is a pretty simple reason you can't register some random temp number through a 3rd party for identity verification, any scammer can do it just as easily. And that defeats the whole point of using a phone number to verify you are who you are. Go to a normal phone service that offers pre-paid or pay month by month and open an account with them. Renting a phone number for a week and using that to have some banks or whatever use that to know who you are is exactly the thing they work to prevent.

Status
Not open for further replies.