Solved! how to reinstall wifi forgotten network

Nov 17, 2018
My wife was trying to get my Toshiba laptop wifi working again and accidentally pressed Forget Network. And now it comes up with error 651 can any one help me

Solution
First reboot the modem/router (turn it off and back on) and while it is rebooting, do the same to the computer. Yes, fully power off the laptop and then power it back on. Once both of them are up and running fully (it can take a 'few' minutes for the modem/router to be completely functional) then try locating and connecting to the network again.
First reboot the modem/router (turn it off and back on) and while it is rebooting, do the same to the computer. Yes, fully power off the laptop and then power it back on. Once both of them are up and running fully (it can take a 'few' minutes for the modem/router to be completely functional) then try locating and connecting to the network again.

Solution

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
If you have another computer connected to wifi, you can check your wifi password by right clicking on the wifi icon. Than you should be able to go to its properties and click show password.