how to remap an OEM 9 button mouse?

Nitika1

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
hi all,
i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver.
the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi included), the 6st and 7st buttons are internet and multimedia by default, and i want to change them.
all the software i found is for 5 buttons max, please help me find a way.
my knowledge is average, i can work with registry or cmd, and other stuff.

some info:
driver : windows driver - Hid compliant mouse
OS - windows 10
wireless mouse with a usb port.

i am searching the web for answers for a couple of days with no success so i will appreciate any help you can give me.

thank you in advance

Solution
I've already said it - you need expensive equipment, and a lot of expertise.
A driver in Windows is a binary application. Under Windows 64, the drivers are cryptographically signed, so changing even one bit in the file will make them unusable.
Ask the manufacturer, that's your only hope.

Nitika1

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
i did not got any driver and i really dont know who the manufacturer is cause i bought it on ebay. any other ideas? there is have to be a way.. maybe moding the windows driver?

In order to "mod" the driver, you need to know the specs / the protocol. Unless you have (really expensive) equipment, and much more knowledge on how Windows (and its drivers) works, this is MI.

See whether you can dis-assemble / open the device, then look at the PCB inside for any markings which could lead you to the manufacturer. YOu can also ask your eBay seller for details (unless you bought it "as is").

Nitika1

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
ok, so ill write all the info i have after some reaserch,

the german company perixx has a similar product (MX-3200) but with small difference (3 buttons above the wheel instead of two, they have a driver but it wont detect my mouse.

i think i found the manufacturer, its a chinese or korean compny names, szkodz.
the only thing written in english is "JS-K8", and they have a product with this name that look the same.
they have some drivers for other devices but not for this one (i didnt found one).

this is what i have got until now, there is any way to force the driver to detect my mouse?

Nitika1

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
the mouse is 100% szkodz js-k8, this is a big company in china, they have like 10 drivers in their site none of them working for me.
i mailed them asking for help, lets see what they say, but i am pretty sure that if i can make the other drivers recognize my mouse i could remap the buttons. is there a way to change the mouse id?

or any other ideas?

I've already said it - you need expensive equipment, and a lot of expertise.
A driver in Windows is a binary application. Under Windows 64, the drivers are cryptographically signed, so changing even one bit in the file will make them unusable.
Ask the manufacturer, that's your only hope.

Solution