Question the mouse will not work on my emachines e527???

Jan 3, 2023
Hi there,
I am using a generic mouse on my laptop. It does work since I tested it on other laptops.
In the control panel under mouse, it shows it plugged in and working properly????
I have changed the USB port to no avail.
All my drivers have been updated and are up to date.
I have deleted and reinstalled all drivers for the mouse and USB ports.
I have cleaned out the laptop using CCleaner and all Administative tools for cleaning, carefully
Tried adding a new USB function to registry
All systems up to date from Windows update, I am using Windows 10 Pro
The mouse has a clear plastic window with a red light inside and it is constantly flickering but sometimes it stops flickering???
I have searched thru Google for help and answers and have tried all the suggestions but none have helped.
I have only downloaded VLC and Adobe Sketchbook and FX sound enhancer, but the problem was there before and since.
I am a pensioner in Southern Africa and my pension is about $105 per month so funds are limited.
This is a hand me down computer so am at a loss to get the mouse working.
The mousepad works just fine but since I like to draw pictures of boats and stuff the mouse would be quite helpful.
I have been using Microsoft Paint but recently downloaded Adobe Sketchbook and am trying to learn how to use it.
Sketchbook will work much better with a mouse attached to the laptop.

Any suggestions or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

Jan 3, 2023
Test another mouse, there should not be any tricks you need to get a properly functioning mouse to work.
Hi there and thanks for the reply. Yes, its a good suggestion and in fact I have tested another mouse (2 in fact) and they did exactly the same thing. I have also noticed that in the control panel in the section for devices and printers, the mouse is no where to be found. I am perplexed.
Anyway, have a great day.

Hi there and thanks for the reply. Yes, its a good suggestion and in fact I have tested another mouse (2 in fact) and they did exactly the same thing. I have also noticed that in the control panel in the section for devices and printers, the mouse is no where to be found. I am perplexed.
Anyway, have a great day.

Have any mice worked on this system? Keyboards are all good, just mice having issues? You can try going into the hardware manager, removing the USB devices there and reboot to have them be detected again, that may fix it. Also look for any unidentified or devices in error in device manager.

Try booting off a Linux Live disk and see if the mouse works OK in that environment.

Jan 3, 2023
I am not sure if any mouse has worked on this laptop since its a 'hand-me-down'. The suggestions you made have been tried and unfortunately did not work either.
For the most part the keyboard is Ok but the @ sign has moved to the 'double inverted comma' key next to the 'enter' key??? Is there a connection??? I cant say myself.
As for the Linux Live disk.......oops, that's beyond my braingrade.

I am not sure if any mouse has worked on this laptop since its a 'hand-me-down'. The suggestions you made have been tried and unfortunately did not work either.
For the most part the keyboard is Ok but the @ sign has moved to the 'double inverted comma' key next to the 'enter' key??? Is there a connection??? I cant say myself.
As for the Linux Live disk.......oops, that's beyond my braingrade.

Does everything outside of mice work in the USB ports? Try a keyboard in it or a USB drive? Try a full new Windows setup?

Jan 3, 2023
Does everything outside of mice work in the USB ports? Try a keyboard in it or a USB drive? Try a full new Windows setup?
Sorry for the slow reply, rolling blackouts and wifi sketchy. usb's both work fine with other devices. Can do a new Windows setup but it would be windows 7 since this version of 10 pro may not be the real McCoy

Sorry for the slow reply, rolling blackouts and wifi sketchy. usb's both work fine with other devices. Can do a new Windows setup but it would be windows 7 since this version of 10 pro may not be the real McCoy

Ah that is an older laptop, it has reviews from 11 years ago for it. Issue may be that it's using an OS that it was not designed to run, did you check device manager to make sure there was nothing there not installed properly?