How To Remove gamersinfo.org Virus?

BlueCarrot

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hi,
A few days ago, a page started popping up when I turned on my computer: gamersinfo.org
It's a Russian site and after some research online it seems like other people have had this problem. I tried to fix it and I downloaded CCleaner but I couldn't find out exactly how to fix it.
I heard that the virus steals your valuable details so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Solution
This is kind of my guide for removing those types of viruses

First boot into safemode without networking and run roguekiller this will freeze the edits in registry and will also disable any services that are allowing it to comeback
second run the super anti spyware removal tool in normal mode
run malwarbytes anti malware if it doesn't find anything try bit defender
fourth run CCleaner.

After each of these finishes up reboot your computer

Just to polish everything off run http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

This should clean your system. Remember to run Ccleaner twice for registry, one time normally isn't enough.

Just make sure you also have all restore points removed also. Even if the first two steps fixes your...

lfkfkfkffs

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
This is kind of my guide for removing those types of viruses

First boot into safemode without networking and run roguekiller this will freeze the edits in registry and will also disable any services that are allowing it to comeback
second run the super anti spyware removal tool in normal mode
run malwarbytes anti malware if it doesn't find anything try bit defender
fourth run CCleaner.

After each of these finishes up reboot your computer

Just to polish everything off run http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

This should clean your system. Remember to run Ccleaner twice for registry, one time normally isn't enough.

Just make sure you also have all restore points removed also. Even if the first two steps fixes your problem I would still run these other tools and steps. You can manually delete the .exe and adware but thanks to the registry it can resurrect itself once you delete it since it uses the buddy system.

Also clear all of your browsers personal settings after you are done, you also can also take a look into your host files. Just google or youtube search ('how+to+find+host+files').

Solution

NP

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

This does not help at all. Step 1, part 2 is less than nothing: "Search for all the running processes of gamersinfo.org adware then disable them one by one."

Which processes are we talking about? How can I tell what are the running processes of gamersinfo.org? Its not like there is any gamersinfo.org labeled processes to be removed. If there were, then anyone could easily kill them without any of your "advice".

Change homepage: Well, obviously you dont want gamersinfo.org as your homepage. But when you change it, it comes back.

"Run some PC cleaner tool." Hah! Its not like we are some idiots here. I've run like 6 different cleaner tools, but the problem persists - unlike any other malware I've ever encountered.

So, instead of this generic, condescending crap, could we probably get some concrete help here? Not help on how to remove some malware in general, but info on how this particular malware can be removed with certainty, and with some evidence that it has actually been removed in the manner suggested by several people.

If you have not got this info, thats fine. But then don't pretend to be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS