How to remove LNK.Jenxcus-p virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyx1980

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
Yesterday I woke up to my PC being infected with this virus, or at least to the virus being activated, since it seems I've been infected for a while now.
For the last couple of days I've been seeing direct accesses being created on any USB drive I plug in on my laptop, since they seemed harmless I didn't do a thing, until yesterday when my Avast antivirus started notifying me about a lot of .lnk files being infected and deleting them, only for them to be created once again.
I tried different methods found online, from deleting registry entries referencing googleupdate.lnk, windowsupdate.lnk, googleupdate.a3x and autoit3.exe, deleting those files from the hidden folders the virus created and running multiple analisis since yesterday using various tools (Avast antivirus, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and Microsoft Safety Scanner), they've found threats, but not the source, since all they do is remove the .lnk files created by the virus.
I'm desperate right now and don't own a copy of Windows to do a full formatting, is there any other way to solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.