How to remove plastic from hinges on a dell vostro 3450

Status
Not open for further replies.

octeuron

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
i just bought a new dell vostro 3450, and it seems that even before i get a chance to turn it on there is a issue.

when i first opened the lid, i noticed the expected on a new laptop protective plastic cover. removed it.
then i noticed that the hinges also have a new-product plastic covers however those are not possible to completely remove!

the plastic is wrapped around the hinges which go into the laptop and when i try to remove them they rip off the accessible section but remain on the underside of the hinges.
im worried that if i just leave them there, the one that is right by the cpu heatsink will eventually start to melt once the unit gets hot enough.

i dont think that the plastic is supposed to be there on the hinges... it was probably supposed to be removed by the assembly person before being put on.

i should not have to dismantle a brand new laptop just to remove some protective plastic but it seems that is exactly what i need to do.

i cannot find a proper manual for this unit as the only thing available on the site is some quick guide which only outlines the laptops features.

does anyone know the process of how i can access the hinges from the bottom? i removed the battery and i see four screws, however the plastic piece that the four screws hold seems to be one big section (the majority of the surface area of the bottom section)

Status
Not open for further replies.