Question How to remove this virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2020
Recently, I noticed something odd with my system. The default shortcut for task manager in my system, Ctrl+Shift+Esc, doesn't open the task manager. When I try to run it manually, I get the error message " Task manager has been disabled by the administrator". I am the administrator and I haven't changed any such setting before getting this error. I searched online, tried the 'edit registry' method, but it didn't work. I felt like there must be some sort of virus. I currently have no antivirus installed, so I download Bitdefender total security ( Torrented, along with the trial reset ). When I tried to open the bitdefender agent.exe, it said the publisher is blocked. When I ran this program as an administrator, it said " an administrator has blocked this publisher". When I go to the virus and security threat centre in windows security, it says my real time protection is off, and I am not able to turn it on. Then I tried to restart the "security center", but all the options are grey, I just am not able to restart it! What is going on in my system? There's not single significant setting in windows defender that I am able to change. How to fix this problem? Someone please help!
My system is Acer Ntro 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Starss Laptop General Discussion 3
T Laptop General Discussion 12
B Laptop General Discussion 3
O Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 4
OhGod Laptop General Discussion 0
D Laptop General Discussion 1
shlomi.39sd Laptop General Discussion 1