How to send 2 sound sources to 2 sets of headphones

Apr 6, 2018
Hello! I am conducting a research study where I need to send sounds from 2 different sources to 2 sets of headphones, and I need both sources to play over both the left and right ear. The sounds are being sent from a desktop computer (through an external soundcard) and a laptop. Then, they are being sent to two separate sets of headphones. I believe that I need a mixer, but I am unsure of which one. I found this one (https://smile.amazon.com/Nady-MM-141-4-Channel-unbalanced-Mixer/dp/B0009X9H9I/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1523051741&sr=1-4&keywords=audio+mixer&refinements=p_36%3A1253545011) and this one (https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MX400-BEHRINGER-MICROMIX/dp/B000KGYAYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523052918&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+mixer+behringer+mx400) but I am unsure whether the sounds from the mixer output would only be sent to the left or right channel. My thought was to attach a splitter to the output of the mixer and then attach both sets of headphones to the splitter, but if the sounds are only sent to one channel, only one person would hear anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for a mixer (or other set-up) that would accomplish my goal? Thank you in advance!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 0
L Audio 4
T Audio 3
K Audio 2
G Audio 4
T Audio 2
H Audio 2
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
V Audio 1
S Audio 1
M Audio 4
B Audio 2
G Audio 2
J Audio 1
L Audio 2
K Audio 1
L Audio 2
IrishLaad Audio 1
B Audio 4
Similar threads
Question How do i get sound on my lfe from 2.0 and 5.0 sources?
Solved! Onkyo TX NR525 HDMI Video with analog sound from other source.I would like to listen to a analog source(Turntable) while using HDMI from my PC.
My TVs HDMI source is Xfinity ,, I feed it to my sr373 Onkyo receiver,,,TV looks and sound great through the 373. At times,, I
No sound to soundbar with Roku, but Xbox and other sources work just fine.
2 set of speakers, 2 different audio sources, can i make them each set sound each different source?
Two audio sources in, one audio source out.
controlling two different sound sources at same time
Control for surround system that is based on a single receiver with independent zone 2 HDMI output for digital A/V sources
Onkyo TX-SR703 has no sound after switching source.
How to connect multiple ear buds to one sound source?
HELP ME With The Buzzing Sound In My Microphone(PC).!!!
Will my Onkyo TX-NR757 be able to power a 5.1 or 5.2 Klipsch R28 surround sound speaker system?
cambridge sound works for computer with four speakers.
ATH-M50x sounds majorly different with different sources, DAC/AMP necessary?
Lg home theater system was sound through tv now theres no sound coming from tv source
Buzzing sound coming from speakers with multiple sources
Is there a mixer that can make sound from two different sources go to one pair of headphones?
Converting 2.0 (stereo) Audio sources to 5.1 for my surround sound system.
2 Sound Systems 1 Sound Source
Can I connect my smart tv to my home theater so i get surround sound from every source?

ASK THE COMMUNITY