How to send 5.1 to TV plugged into 5.1 receiver

Shpeckledorf

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Hey everyone.

I have for the past 3 hours been trying to get 5.1 surround from my PC to my Sony Blu Ray Receiver. My current setup is Panasonic TV Digital Audio Out > Receiver - PC HDMI > Apex Digital TV > DVI to HDMI Converter > Panasonic TV. It should allow me to configure the HDMI audio to 5.1 but it isn't. Only 2.1 Channel Audio.

Any Suggestions?

If you want surround, you don't send it to the TV, you send it to your receiver. Most TV cannot "pass thru" surround.

If your surround receiver doesn't have enough HDMI input, maybe that's the reason you are hooking things up to your TV, you have 2 options:

1 (ultimate most flexible): Upgrade surround receiver with multiple HDMI inputs.

2 (hold-over solution): Let the TV switch video (HDMI) and let the receiver switch audio. Receiver must have enough Digital Audio Inputs. You will need a second Digital Audio cable between components and Receiver via TOSLINK/SPDIF.

If you want surround, you don't send it to the TV, you send it to your receiver. Most TV cannot "pass thru" surround.

If your surround receiver doesn't have enough HDMI input, maybe that's the reason you are hooking things up to your TV, you have 2 options:

1 (ultimate most flexible): Upgrade surround receiver with multiple HDMI inputs.

2 (hold-over solution): Let the TV switch video (HDMI) and let the receiver switch audio. Receiver must have enough Digital Audio Inputs. You will need a second Digital Audio cable between components and Receiver via TOSLINK/SPDIF.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Streaming Video & TVs 0
Rightoverdere Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 18
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2