How to set the default storage of an app's data?

XxYUKINAxX

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
so, i had a tumblr. Everytime I saved a photo in tumblr, it always save in my internal storage—not my sd card. How do I save photos/videos in an app and save it automatically in my sd card?? IM SO DUMB PLS HELP TYSM

Solution
You have to change the settings within that app itself. Not the phone's settings but the app you are trying to alter. So in the case of your tumblr app you would have to check the settings in the app to see if it allows for saving to the SD card rather than the phone's "Internal" storage. If it does not allow for that change within the apps settings, then you will have no choice but to save them to the "Internal" phone storage and then move them over to the SD card, which can be done in the phone's "File Manager" app.
You have to change the settings within that app itself. Not the phone's settings but the app you are trying to alter. So in the case of your tumblr app you would have to check the settings in the app to see if it allows for saving to the SD card rather than the phone's "Internal" storage. If it does not allow for that change within the apps settings, then you will have no choice but to save them to the "Internal" phone storage and then move them over to the SD card, which can be done in the phone's "File Manager" app.

Solution