Question Samsung-SM-J727V, Android version 8.1.0, how to activate the SanDisk SD Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
Please can someone say step-by-step on how to activate the SD SanDisk card on this phone? When i put in the card, what do i do next?

How do i set up "storage" so that photos, videos, and files will be automatically saved to the SD Card?

Thank you for your time.

akai331

Estimable
Jan 4, 2019
To activate the SD SanDisk card on your phone and set it up as the default storage for photos, videos, and files, follow these step-by-step instructions:

1. Insert the SD SanDisk card into your phone's SD card slot.
  2. Go to the "Settings" menu on your phone.
  3. Scroll down and find the "Storage" or "Storage and Backup" option.
  4. Tap on "Storage" and look for the SD card section.
  5. Select the SD card to view its details and options.
  6. If the card is not already formatted, you may see an option to format it as portable storage or internal storage. Choose "Portable storage" for easy transfer between devices.
  7. Once the SD card is recognized and formatted, go back to the main storage settings.
  8. Look for the "Default storage location" or similar option.
  9. Tap on it and choose the SD card as the default storage for photos, videos, and files.
  10. Confirm the selection, and from now on, new media and files will be automatically saved to the SD card.
Please note that the exact menu names and options may vary slightly depending on your phone's manufacturer and Android version.

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Hi! I just want to confirm that is your problem is solved, I think that @akai331 has provided right steps, by thee help of these steps you can solve your problem. If you are still facing this problem you can ask us, thankyou.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
how can i set up Google Photos or Google Drive so that all my videos, and photos will be automatically saved to Google Drive (my google account) and so they will be automatically deleted from my physical storage of my phone? i only have 16 GB of storage on my phone so it fills up fast because i use messengers a lot , ( like whatsapp ).
To activate the SD SanDisk card on your phone and set it up as the default storage for photos, videos, and files, follow these step-by-step instructions:

1. Insert the SD SanDisk card into your phone's SD card slot.
  2. Go to the "Settings" menu on your phone.
  3. Scroll down and find the "Storage" or "Storage and Backup" option.
  4. Tap on "Storage" and look for the SD card section.
  5. Select the SD card to view its details and options.
  6. If the card is not already formatted, you may see an option to format it as portable storage or internal storage. Choose "Portable storage" for easy transfer between devices.
  7. Once the SD card is recognized and formatted, go back to the main storage settings.
  8. Look for the "Default storage location" or similar option.
  9. Tap on it and choose the SD card as the default storage for photos, videos, and files.
  10. Confirm the selection, and from now on, new media and files will be automatically saved to the SD card.
Please note that the exact menu names and options may vary slightly depending on your phone's manufacturer and Android version.

Status
Not open for further replies.