how to setup dts connect

BigDaddy703

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
I am curious as how to setup dolby connect on my windows 8.1 system. I do have the soundblaster z sound card, so it should support it. I can hear dolby digital while playing my games, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get DTS to work. I recently bought the Stealth 500p headphones from Turtlebeach, I am using the instructions found in their knowledge base so that I can use it with my computer instead of a PS3 or PS4. As I mentioned I am able to play my games using Dolby Digital Live, but can't seem to use them with DTS connect. Maybe the trick that lets them work with the PC will only let me use the Dolby live. I don't know, hopefully someone here can educate me on what I am doing wrong.

update: Didn't mention that the headphones should support DTS.

Solution

You are right. I'm not a 100% but if I remember correctly - DTS works on Playstation due to its content rights. It won't work on PC games though, that's why DDL were created. So if you want DTS, convert it first before you send the signal out through analog signal. Means your headphone won't work and it'll become stereo instead of surround.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

You are right. I'm not a 100% but if I remember correctly - DTS works on Playstation due to its content rights. It won't work on PC games though, that's why DDL were created. So if you want DTS, convert it first before you send the signal out through analog signal. Means your headphone won't work and it'll become stereo instead of surround.

Solution

BigDaddy703

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015

Hi thanks for your reply,

OK, so then the DTS Connect would work if it was an actual PC headphone? How can it tell the difference. PC Games do come in DTS, I saw one just the other day, but didn't have enough to pick it up. Oh well I have heard there isn't that big a difference between DTS and Dolby Digital, so I'll just stick with it if it won't work. Like I said I'm a total noob when it comes to this, so I don't mean to argue, I am just trying to learn.

Thank you for your time

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

What I meant is to convert the dts signal first from your PC the it will come out as
analog signal, in short, you won't get DTS on your headphone except may be movies but if you want surround then DDL is all you got.

BigDaddy703

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015

OK, I did a little more research on this, apparently a good analogy of DTS VS DD, is Pepsi VS Coke. So I am just going to leave that alone. Thanks for your help