How to shield my PC from my neighbour.

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
I have a neighbour who can basically do whatever he wants with my PC(long story). I know he's aware of everything I do on this PC and any other PC I own including typing this right now. Even when I'm disconnected from the internet he can still basically control everything on my PC.

Is there a way to shield my PC from him?? I know he only does this for my own good but just out of curiosity, is there a way??

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

He lives in the apartment above and he helps me through controlling what I do on my PC, that's basically it. I don't wanna tell anymore.

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

I use a home network, so what I do is I disconnect the usb device that connects me to the network.

giantbucket

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
does your computer use only a USB WiFi dongle (like a TPLink or DLink device), or do you also use a network cable? and again, are you physically removing the cable or device from your machine? because if you are and it's STILL happening, there's something else connected or there's a hidden device that you're not aware of and is staying active.

how do you know that he (or anyone else) is able to see stuff? are they able to see stuff LIVE, as you do it, or are they simply able to look at your browser history and tell you what web sites you went to 3 hours ago?

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

I use a USB WiFi Dongle and yes, I disconnect it from my pc but still he can do whatever with my pc, software and hardware wise. I know he can see what I'm doing because I've been living here and using a home network for the last 12 years. It's something you'd notice from time to time.

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
My dad has always bought my PC's so I suspect there must be some hidden device on every pc he has ever bought me(again, long story, pls don't ask). I've tried scanning the pc for viruses or malware but to no avail, nothing is ever found.