How to Solve Problems With Aptio Setup Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydaykwa

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014

[strike][/strike]. How do I fix this promblem? Please help me out before my mom kills me!

provman

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
I have an Asus Notebook X501A and it has just happened to me; I am running Windows 8.1 and I have done nothing at all that may have caused this.

Here's what I did that was succesful:

1/ Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2/ Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3/ Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4/ Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5/ Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6/ Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7/ Select ' Advanced Options'
8/ Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occured

System Restore worked perfectly for me; good luck

lachlangs

Estimable
May 15, 2014
Have the same problem.

I did steps 1-4 and now it goes straight to an intel rapid memory storage page. I can press ctrl+i to enter a menu in which I'm offered the options of deleting RAID volume or resetting disks to non-RAID. If I don't press ctrl+i it carries on to a black screen with red dots at the top. On the RAID page it says that an 'error occurred' on the first of the two Sandisks.

I'm arranging for Asus to repair it, unless anyone knows what I should do now?

S_H_A_N_I

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks man
i had the same problem , a stupid agent at asus helpline didnt knew the solution for that, but u r awesome
thanks again

ntmarta

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014

kfleece1021

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014

What if I don't have the option to enable "Launch CSM"? The words are there but it's shaded so it won't let me change it.

thegraymage

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
I have the same problem. Did steps 1-4. Now it goes to a black screen that says "insert boot media" and no amount of pressing F9 at any point is doing anything. What now? :-/

climberguy

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
I switched the boot configuration as stated but when I restart and press f9 only a PXE error screen comes up. The only thing I can do from here is restart and reopen the patio setup utility.

Tina Jo

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014

Tina Jo

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
I have been having this same problem. My Asus is stuck in this mode. The instructions to this seems simple enough to follow, but mine will not highlight Launch CSM. It is [Disabled]. Pressing any F buttons or a combination of the Window + doesn't do anything either. Is there something else I can try?

cbcb

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks a lot Provman! It helped me a lot! :)

haileyylavcona

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
My laptop is doing this now. I followed all those steps and i powered off and clicked F9 continuously but a little box shows up and says "Load optimized Defaults?" What do i do? Please help. I dont know why its doing this :(

daphnaem

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014

Kianmoran101

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014

Did step by step and nothing is fixed, loads a 'reboot and select proper boot device' and loads of other crap, help please

Nic0la

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
Hye ,I got the same problem , and if i do provma's method she works but when i switch on my pc he displays "reboot and select proper boot device " as if i press F9 it doesnt change what i have to do pls ? Thanks in advance

kerbak

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
LachLang -- same thing as you describe happening to my son's ASUS zenbook. Did you have to ultimately repair (we have the Microsoft warranty), or did you find a different solution? Thank you.

Julideli

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.