How to Stop Your Smartphone from Stealing Your Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
You mean to tell me that there's (always) a trade-off between convenience and security (especially when you are not paying directly for the convenience)?
Who knew?

TJ Hooker

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
"113 devices lost every minute of every day in the United States"

Wow, seriously? That corresponds to 59.4 million phones lost per year. A google search tells me that the population of the U.S. is 313.9 million. So that's equivalent to 1 in 5 americans losing their phones once a year.

AlaBud123

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
This is a comment(s) for the older issue of "how to stop your smart phone from stealing your identity".
This is not a subject that is really explained in detail to beginners getting smart phones.
I am not completely ignorant but I put off getting a smart because of this very topic.
I don't know what and how to do in order to prevent ignorance from putting personal information at risk on a smart phone.
Manufacturers and app developers should include "maximum" identity protection in the beginning so people can learn at leisure what to do to continue smart phone protections.
Manufacturers and developers are in collusion by ignoring their responsibility as the knowledgeable people that can help prevent identity theft.
The trouble is the smart people don't see it as their responsibility to spread knowledge and protections to the customer they want to sell to.

Status
Not open for further replies.