How to survive High school with nothing but a laptop

dark ariel7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I am trying a new project; it is my goal to go through my senior year of high school using nothing but my new laptop. When I mean nothing other than i do not mean in any kind of extremist fashion. I do plan to carry around a pen or 2 and MAYBE a notebook. Well at any rate my question is this:
How do I do it?
I think it may be important for you to know what tool I'm working with so...
My laptop is a Vaio T series laptop with touch screen. I also have the complete MS Office suit 2010 (including onenote...) I plan on getting the wacom bamboo stylus. I think it is best to just throw out some basic questions that accompany that first.
How fast do you think I have to be able to type? (now I'm at a slow 20wpm)
Will I need any other software?
Will it be slower than pen and paper?
Really guys I just want you to throw any kind of comment that comes to mind. Post any question if you got them, to me or others.
Thanks.

whyso

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
At 20 wpm its better to simply handwrite. That is quite slow (much slower than pen and paper). Its hard to draw diagrams and stuff on a laptop (maybe with a touchscreen its easier). If this is in any way going to affect your marks I strongly suggest you drop this experiment. On that note an extra battery will probably help quite a bit.

dark ariel7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

From what I have tried it not too hard to draw on the screen. With a stylus I should get the extra accuracy boos I need. I know That 20 wpm is too slow; i asked so that i may better understand where I need to be not where I am. Extra battery would help but there is nothing I can about that.
Thanks for the reply.

Sunrit chroma

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
the t series laptop has a capacative touch screen. All wacom styluses need an active digitizer. Such as the screen on the ipad.
get your facts right and drop the experiment. what matters more? a stupid experiment out of your own curiosity that will get you nowhere or your grades that will get you into a good college

dark ariel7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Im sorry but I find it incredibly thick skulled to say that my grades will drop from something like this. If you dont know me how can you even guess at that? I don't need pen and paper to get good grades. What ever I need to know I simply remember. Also, how can someone aspiring to be a man of science ever believe that curiosity "will get you nowhere"? I did it because I wanted to know more about it. I did not ask if you agreed with it or not. Last thing I need is another "it's for you own benefit so do it this way" guy. I am sorry if I offended you in anyway or came off as harsh but it really was a very unproductive comment and for some reason or other it just made me cross.

P.s. Wacom stylus work on my screen. How do I know? I bought one.