How to synchronize multiple computers music?

miwojo11

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
I live in a house with around 30 people and we all have systems setup in our own rooms (computers to either computer or stereo speakers) so the synchronization (from what I understand) must go through the computers because not everyone has a stereo to pick up a FM signal unless you can do so through a computer. We want to play the same music somehow from one computer to play on all others, so that it plays throughout the whole house. Any FREE ideas? We all have iTunes by the way...

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
If you give me $40K I might be able to talk to D.A.L. and each person will have to install a Soundcard and add extra wire for clock generator. :) This Idea is free but the hardware is not.

But an easy fix might not be available until someone will develop software. Even so, you'll still need to add hardware. Like getting one of the game companies to create software and work like a multi play program or like Skype with conference call. But that still require a server.

I doubt that you’ll be able to find any solution anytime soon without hardware and wiring modification.

Good Luck!

alphaecho

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I too want to join computers and have music syncing harmoniously, surely a kind programmer has come across this problem and made a solution for us plebs? Can't one terminal act as a server at the same time like with gaming?

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
there is a streaming box you can get, you would connect the box to the a hifi and your network then from 1 computer give the box a play list and it would stream to the HIFI, i believe you could send the same playlist to several boxes to stream to all the hifis at the same time.

if you want it for free....

get the track you want to play, get everybody to stand there ready to click 'play' count to 3 and all press play at the same time.

Yarden6260

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
How%20to%20simultaneously%20play%20a%20song%20on%20different%20computers%20in%20a%20LAN%20network_Page_1.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eJ8EqS2iBX0/S4uZiyAkcQI/AAAAAAAAEpg/7xHeRr_1qA8/How%20to%20simultaneously%20play%20a%20song%20on%20different%20computers%20in%20a%20LAN%20network_Page_2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS