How to to reinstall laptop drivers after replacing the HDD

justingray2003

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
in the instance referenced in the thread titled: "How to to reinstall laptop drivers after replacing the HDD" would he need the toshiba drivers or the sony drivers to get the system going again?

i have a HP Elitebook 8530w and the HDD is damaged, i put in my dell inspirion HDD and got XP pro to load on the hp, but no drivers for several of the devices, the main one being the network controller. im trying to figure out what drivers i will need . will i need the HP drivers for windows XP since the machine the new hdd is going to be in is a HP? or the Dell Drivers for windows XP because hdd was from my Dell machine?

justingray2003

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016

under the system properties section, in the general tab, i have a system description as follows: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service pack 3

when i go to start>run>dxdiag, which runs the direct X Diagnostic software , under the system tab i see this:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1 Build 2600)

which i believe is more accurate as i did upgrade in the past.

i just took the hard drive that was running the above configuration out of my Dell Inspirion E1700 and put it in a HP Elitebook8530w. I got it up and running but its missing the drivers for the" other devices" fingerprint sensor,network controller, video controller, ect.

Based off what you have replied with my guess is windows xp professional 32bit for hp elitebook 8530w?

Does any of this even make sense? Thoughts?