How to transfer windows to and SSD

That_one_guy2013

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
i have and MSI ge60 apache-469 and just bough and mSATA (samsung 250gb) and want to know how to transfer windows to the SSD without losing my data.

Any other info required can be provided.

Solution
Well you would have to get some cloning software like Acronis True Image. The once cloned you would need to make the msata the boot drive. I've done this before with a SATA SSD. It was easy because they sell SATA disk enclosures. I cloned the HD to my SATA SSD in the enclosure and then I repalce the HD with the SSD and moved the HD to a second bay. MSATA is different and I imagine you wil find lots of info on how to make your Msata SSD the boot drive.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well you would have to get some cloning software like Acronis True Image. The once cloned you would need to make the msata the boot drive. I've done this before with a SATA SSD. It was easy because they sell SATA disk enclosures. I cloned the HD to my SATA SSD in the enclosure and then I repalce the HD with the SSD and moved the HD to a second bay. MSATA is different and I imagine you wil find lots of info on how to make your Msata SSD the boot drive.

Solution