How To: Turn A Netbook Into A Hackintosh

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Look at the survey at mymacnetbook.com. A lot of users are using their iPads more and more and their hackintoshed netbooks less and less.

I have to agree.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]londonlad[/nom]Is this guide encouraging users to break Apple's licensing of it's Operating System? And why would anyone go to these lengths when you could just stick a USB key with Windows 7 on it into the netbook, have everything work first time and have little on going support issues? Nice experiment but for my girlfriends laptop I'd rather use a supported HW & OS combination, keeps the headaches to a minimum![/citation]
We are not encouraging anything. Did you read the first page of the article?

G

do you have a blog on how to repair hackintosh netbook? my husband (who passed away a month ago due to denge and stroke, and he's only 25 y.o.) installed mac osx 10.6.2 on my MSI U123. So far it is still working fine, i've experienced kernel panic once or twice but after i restart it, it works fine again.i don't wanna go back to windows os if it gets totally broken. please help me since i don't have my husband anymore to turn to for help. the sad thing is, he was the only one in the entire village who could install a hackintosh as far as i know. I'm from angeles city pampanga philippines. thank you

G

Does "retail" OS X DVD mean that the OEM DVD that came with my MacBook will not suffice?

G

Instead of dear author could to lay out an image of the established system. Please.
I am sorry for my English...

Status
Not open for further replies.