How to turn Bitdefender total security off

PapawLarry

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Is there a way to turn Bitdefender total security 2016 off? I have been unable to update the TV guide in Windows Media Center since the install of Bitdefender total security 2016. I do not have a problem with Bitdefender internet security 2015 and Media Center update on two other computers.

Solution
Google "Media Center Windows 10".

Microsoft is no longer supporting Media Center but there are various "workarounds" showing up on the internet.

It could be 32 bit related or some interim update that prevents or otherwise does not allow MC to run or update.

You could try some of those fixes but in the long run it will be a lost cause. Perhaps there will be some good "third party" alternative that will work.

Overall not a situation where end user's can do much beyond vote with their wallets...... And it is all too easy to go off on a caffeine fueled rant when such matters start being discussed.

Personally I am moving to a philosophy of simplicity and avoiding any dependence on any given OS, hardware, software, etc... I can...
Suggest you compare your 2016 Bitdefender settings to your 2015 settings before turning 2016 off.

Could be just a simple configuration issue or error within Bitdefender or somewhere else. Firewall maybe: 2015 allowed through, 2016 not allowed.

May be a 2016 bug of some sort. Check their website/forum for similar reported problems. Could be an update or other fix.

PapawLarry

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

I received instructions from Bitdefender on how to turn it off or modify the program yesterday. Although they were a little hard to follow I did do what it said BUT Media Center still will not update. I would remove Bitdefender but my internet connection takes too much time to download and install it again. I have searched the internet on other options for the failure of Media Center but have found no current information which cures anything current. All three computers have Windows 7 on them but this one with the problem is 32 bit rather than 64 bit like the others. It also has never wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. I am starting to think that Microsoft has disabled the MCUpdate option on this computer via an automatic update in order to push for replacement with another system to their liking with Windows 10. There is also no information regarding the recent MCUpdate problems others have also had. At least some of the others have managed to resume updated program listings without doing anything other than wait. I have not been so lucky.

Google "Media Center Windows 10".

Microsoft is no longer supporting Media Center but there are various "workarounds" showing up on the internet.

It could be 32 bit related or some interim update that prevents or otherwise does not allow MC to run or update.

You could try some of those fixes but in the long run it will be a lost cause. Perhaps there will be some good "third party" alternative that will work.

Overall not a situation where end user's can do much beyond vote with their wallets...... And it is all too easy to go off on a caffeine fueled rant when such matters start being discussed.

Personally I am moving to a philosophy of simplicity and avoiding any dependence on any given OS, hardware, software, etc... I can do 80% of what I need with 20% of what I have...... Just need to keep reminding myself of that. The threat is losing my control of that 20%.

Solution