How to turn off warning message in MalwareBytes Anti-Malware?

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.4.1028; which features a 'Malicious Website Protection' feature which I have deliberately disabled. Each time that I restart my computer I see the message below (due to deliberately turning off the 'web protection' features) -

11kyrty.jpg

I have followed the instructions at the MalwareBytes website for turning off notifications (Settings > General Settings > Notifications: Diabled) as can be seen below -

auf3fm.jpg

Despite turning 'off' notifications I still see the warning message every time that I reboot.

If anybody knows how to turn off the warning message can you please let me know?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Solution
If you're talking about the notification down by the clock, you can right click on the little triangle that shows hidden icons. Then click on properties. That will list all the programs that hide in that system tray. You can find and turn off the malwarebytes icon, and the notifications should no longer pop up.

clutchc

Distinguished
Is this the free version? I have been using the licensed version of MWB for years and never had that issue. But why would you disable Malicious Website Protection in the first place? That's what you want the pgm. for, isn't it?

aford10

Distinguished
If you're talking about the notification down by the clock, you can right click on the little triangle that shows hidden icons. Then click on properties. That will list all the programs that hide in that system tray. You can find and turn off the malwarebytes icon, and the notifications should no longer pop up.

Solution

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I have heeded all advice; however the messages persist...

After right clicking on the ^ by the clock and selecting Properties I was presented with the following screen -

658qjp.jpg

I then clicked on 'Customize notification icons', and was presented with the opportunity to change the default notification settings, as shown below -

2kl9w7.jpg

However after choosing the option 'Hide icons and notifications', which appears to be the best choice the messages from MalwareBytes persist.

It doesn't appear possible to turn the notifications off!

Kind Regards,

Davo

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hi Guys,

One final point, I found the following registry entries for MalwareBytes (inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) -

rrum4o.jpg

Maybe some Registry tweaking guru can come up with a new key and value!

Cheers

Davo