Solved! How to turn on wireless connection without the f2 button for inspiron 1545

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymusicalserenity

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
how to turn on wireless connection without the f2 button for inspiron 1545.
:sweat:
my computer randomly disconnected from the wireless connectivity, but as much as i know about how the Fn and F2 button scenarios work for my laptop, well, they're not working. my mom was on it earlier and told me she thought my F2 button wasn't working because it wouldn't do something in the setup when my comp loaded.

now I've tried the on screen keyboard and connecting another adaptable keyboard and neither has let the Fn or F2 button work for me.

i'm at a loss at what to do. :cry:

Solution
This bugged me for months and didn't want to buy and fit a new keyboard. Finally figured out how to alter the BIOS settings to switch on the wifi card. Note you will need a usb keyboard plugged into the laptop to do this!

Reboot the laptop and press F2 on the external keyboard to enter the setup screen

find the wireless settings in the menu

there are two options here...

set it so that the wireless adapter is enabled but NOT that it can be toggled on/off via the switch (F2)

Apply then exit

When computer reboots right-click on network icon in system tray

open network and sharing centre

click on change adapter settings

right-click on WiFi adapter

choose connect/disconnect

Now treat yourself to a doughnut... you've just fixed...

unpluggedjack

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014
This bugged me for months and didn't want to buy and fit a new keyboard. Finally figured out how to alter the BIOS settings to switch on the wifi card. Note you will need a usb keyboard plugged into the laptop to do this!

Reboot the laptop and press F2 on the external keyboard to enter the setup screen

find the wireless settings in the menu

there are two options here...

set it so that the wireless adapter is enabled but NOT that it can be toggled on/off via the switch (F2)

Apply then exit

When computer reboots right-click on network icon in system tray

choose connect/disconnect

Now treat yourself to a doughnut... you've just fixed it!

Solution

mathupmathup

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

click diagnose

then it will troubleshoot and ask you if you want to turn it on and click on it.

thats it

Johnrey1988

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

From here "click on change adapter settings", its showing only "local connection, network cable unplugged". There is no "wifi adapter. so then i dont know what to do, i have same prob with the history above. please help..

Darryl_2

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015

It worked for me using Windows 10. Thanks!

Realist29

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Realist said:
Thank you unpluggedjack! You just solved a very annoying problem for me.

FValoara

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
hey unpluggedjack,,
i had the same problem also but with a acer aspire 5750z laptop.
i tried to go with your solution but i dont see any option to change key at the bios....
plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.