how to update lg 2.3.6 smartphone

Solution
So you mean you are running Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and want to upgrade to more current versions? To be honest, you may not be able to. Depending on how old the phone is, and the limitations to its hardware, an upgrade may be impossible. Without knowing the model (you didn't list it) then I can't say with 100% certainty, but I can with 99% as any device running an OS that far back would have to be much older. The most recent version is 6 (Marshmallow) and a new one will be available later this year. So that is quite an old version.

You can try a force an update, but it is unlikely to work.

The only other option I can think of, if your device shows no updates available, is you might consider rooting the phone, which 'may' give you...
So you mean you are running Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and want to upgrade to more current versions? To be honest, you may not be able to. Depending on how old the phone is, and the limitations to its hardware, an upgrade may be impossible. Without knowing the model (you didn't list it) then I can't say with 100% certainty, but I can with 99% as any device running an OS that far back would have to be much older. The most recent version is 6 (Marshmallow) and a new one will be available later this year. So that is quite an old version.

You can try a force an update, but it is unlikely to work.

The only other option I can think of, if your device shows no updates available, is you might consider rooting the phone, which 'may' give you a few more options, but, to be honest, you would be better served getting a new device rather than going through all that trouble, and possibly damaging the device you have.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS