How to update Nexus 7 to Android KitKat (4.4) ?

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I am thinking of buying Google Nexus 7. Does it come with Android KitKat, or it is with the previous (Jelly Bean) version and I have to update it? If yes, how do I update it to KitKat? Thank you.

Solution
Well it's an official update from Google so it is stable. I have the nexus 7 2012 version and kitkat is incredibly smooth. Multitasking is very fast especially when switching apps. As far as software problem goes, none.

Whichever version of the nexus 7 you buy whether the 2012 or the 2013, you will better performance on the 2013 version as it has better hardware and more ram. You will definitely benefit from the millions of apps on the play store.

anselmof

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
Once you connect the nexus 7 to the internet via wifi, it should automatically give you an update to the latest version of kitkat 4.4.2. The installation is pretty straightforward as it basically installs itself.

If you are buying a new nexus 7, it will most likely come with kitkat installed, so you should be fine.

anselmof

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
Well it's an official update from Google so it is stable. I have the nexus 7 2012 version and kitkat is incredibly smooth. Multitasking is very fast especially when switching apps. As far as software problem goes, none.

Whichever version of the nexus 7 you buy whether the 2012 or the 2013, you will better performance on the 2013 version as it has better hardware and more ram. You will definitely benefit from the millions of apps on the play store.

Solution