how to use ccleaner

HATEMYDELL

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I HAVE ccleaner installed on my pc what happens when you use it and what do i need to look out for before running it,i also want to use it on my kids pc as his has possibly been hijacked.
I have not used the safe mode enough as that i believe that will be the only way to remove what has taken over his pc,thank,s

Solution
I have been using CCleaner for many years.

Basically CCleaner does an analysis and presents a list of things that can be deleted.

You have the option to proceed or not with those deletions.

If you "clean" the registry you are advised to, and should, create a backup.

In your situation, CCleaner is not an AV product per se. Doubt that CCleaner would resolve some malicious hijack.

Focus on running AV/malware software via a bootable USB drive. See what that finds and does.

Also please post the symptoms/information that is leading you to suspect a hijacking. May be something else going on and applying the wrong "fix" may cause more problems.

I have been using CCleaner for many years.

Basically CCleaner does an analysis and presents a list of things that can be deleted.

You have the option to proceed or not with those deletions.

If you "clean" the registry you are advised to, and should, create a backup.

In your situation, CCleaner is not an AV product per se. Doubt that CCleaner would resolve some malicious hijack.

Focus on running AV/malware software via a bootable USB drive. See what that finds and does.

Also please post the symptoms/information that is leading you to suspect a hijacking. May be something else going on and applying the wrong "fix" may cause more problems.

Solution