Solved! How to use my house's built in ceiling speakers?

Apr 29, 2020
I think my house has built in ceiling speakers but I have no idea how to use them. The previous owners had never used them.

Solution
There is more than one way to use these speakers.
If they are in one room and set up for surround sound you would need an AVR plus a subwoofer.
If they are set up for stereo music in one or more rooms you could use a stereo receiver. If there are more than 2 pair you would also need an impedance matching speakers selector.
Denon and Marantz have stereo receivers with built in Heos streaming so you would get great app control.
More elaborate systems would allow for different sources in and independent volume adjustment in each room. You could use one or more Sonos Amp or Denon Heos Amps to create separate zones.
There is more than one way to use these speakers.
If they are in one room and set up for surround sound you would need an AVR plus a subwoofer.
If they are set up for stereo music in one or more rooms you could use a stereo receiver. If there are more than 2 pair you would also need an impedance matching speakers selector.
Denon and Marantz have stereo receivers with built in Heos streaming so you would get great app control.
More elaborate systems would allow for different sources in and independent volume adjustment in each room. You could use one or more Sonos Amp or Denon Heos Amps to create separate zones.

Solution