How well can my Laptop do in gaming?

ANsDROID

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
So I had an old laptop which I found out few weeks ago. It was pretty much in good condition, just for the hardware which were a little outdated. I upgraded few stuffs, not everything. So here is the final hardware specification of the system(The problem with a laptop though is that you can't really upgrade the GPU unless you bring a new board) :

CPU: Intel i3 2330M @2.2Ghz
RAM: 6gigs DDR3
GPU: Intel HD graphics 3000, 1518 mb

I also had the base assembly and keyboard replaced.
So of course I won't be able to play any intense game with max settings, but I at least want to have them in medium settings. Will this hardware work? And about GPU, do you guys have any solution?

UPDATE: I can spend nearly 150$ for a new eGPU, which one would you recommend?

Solution
For an external video card, if your total budget includes the adapter and the power supply, probably a Radeon R6 360 would do or a GTX 750 (non Ti). A 750 Ti will bring you over $150 once you add in the power supply and the PICe adapter for the laptop.

Keep in mind that you will basically be taking the laptop apart every time you want to connect the external video card adapter unless your system has an Express port.
For an external video card, if your total budget includes the adapter and the power supply, probably a Radeon R6 360 would do or a GTX 750 (non Ti). A 750 Ti will bring you over $150 once you add in the power supply and the PICe adapter for the laptop.

Keep in mind that you will basically be taking the laptop apart every time you want to connect the external video card adapter unless your system has an Express port.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS