Zoso0885

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
i am wanting to cut the end of my power cord (which i have already done, inside holds 3 separate wires. one in the center coated in white insulation then another around that coated in white insulation and a 3rd around that) and solder that directly into the laptop. my problem begins with not being the most computer savvy person. i have already removed the top plate that houses the power button and the keyboard giving me full access to the power jack which i have unscrewed but is still wired into the laptop. and my confusion is from the jack having 6 wires or so coming out of it and the power cable having only three. i am guessing i just need to figure out which of the 3 wires from the power cord is the ground and the hot and simply solder that to the mother board. i just need help to find these certain pins! PLEASE HELP

also the battery will not hold a charge so im not worried about simply replacing the power jack

Solution
You would be wasting your time as the heat from the soldering iron will conduct through the motherboard and cause even more damage to it.

So you might as well replace the entire motherboard now instead of messing with a soldering iron.