HP Accidentally Reveals Palm Pre 2 Pre-sale Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Well, I'm personally done with having a Palm Pre - but certainly not a WebOS phone. Granted my current Palm Pre doesn't 100% crap out on me (it's about 50% there atm) by the time new Pre phones come out, I'll certainly be looking into those. :)

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
umm they prob didn't do it accidently. I mean probably 20 companies in the last 4 months have "accidently" let out a little secret.

jskilnyk

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hmmm, isn't that the same date the supposedly Nexus Two is being announced? To be honest I can't wait to see what ether company brings to the table.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
The Palm Pre 1 was such a failure, what makes them think the Pre 2 will be any better?

If anything, it lags further down the market at introduction than the first one!

My prediction? Even bigger failure than the Pre 1.

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I guess I got lucky with my perfectly flawless Palm Pre Plus. It has run really well and I really prefer webOS to my day one launch iPhone. Considering that this phone is so much more open than most of the rest of them when it comes to loading apps and even to overclocking, it is sad that it didn't catch on. I guess the quality control on the Pre line was crap with so many problems that it cost it dearly (Remember that it was the darling of CES, or at least webOS was and believe it was for good reason).

If they fix the issues and turn out a good quality phone who's keyboard works, slider isn't loose and a screen that doesnt scratch (which it appears it will have all 3), then it still has a chance, given HP's tie into their printers and tablets, which I think webOS will have an advantage over iOS 4 and Android just because of the more open nature of the OS itself.

I LOVE webOS... and I got really lucky with my Pre Plus because I had no issues with it at all and it allowed me to really get to really like the device.

Granted I don't have or ever had an Android device, but I did an iPhone for a while and it blows it away... iOS4 maybe improved, but it still is subpar in my eyes. The only saving grace is the App Store and the load of Apps. But I found all of the same or very similar apps on my webOS phone and I couldn't be happier. If you take out the hardware and look at the OS it is really the best of the breed, just didn't get BoB hardware... I mean everyone is loving the one inbox for all their email accounts on iOS4.. had it since day one on the Pre... IM's and texts and such for a person on one screen... had it since day one... multitasking... day one...

The OS is Phenomenal.... nothing compares to webOS... If HP can put it on a higher quality phone then it still may work, especially if they tie it into their laptops, tablets and printers.... If the 5 Megapixel camera actually takes great pictures and can be tied to the phone it would be great to take a pic, edit it on the phone and print it and have it waiting, all printed out at home. I think that would be pretty damn sweet. Take a pic at the Grand Canyon and get one you like and have it print to your HP printer on a paper size of your choosing with an HP printer that is registered with Palm's synergy idea... so if you have a network printer hooked up to your net, it could sent it a pic to print... Like a slingbox in reverse for pictures....

There is room for webOS. In my travels I heard and spoke with many people who loved the OS, hated the phone but stuck with the phone because of the OS. Most eventually got a good Pre (the ones that stuck with it and kept on Sprint/Verizon) to get good ones.

I bet vant never really used one... but he will say he did...

ridewya

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Girl pls, a rotten eggs will stink no matter how much u sugar coated it, this ugly n stupid os will never make it, it may works for some little teens tht do not know any better about quality device, but for pros ? Hell no, this wht happen when the company did not do things right from the beginning, i remember i used to own palm treo, which i had to restart every few hours cause its constantly crash, this sh*t ain't gonna be better

offerings12

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
WebOS is far superior to any other OS.. I am a Systems Administrator and hook up every phone under the sun. WebOS is easier to use. and does everything the other devices can do from the start. The hardware is slow and is not functional like the other phones. but WebOS will become a top Tier OS with HP at the Helm. The Pre2 is just a extenstion/springboard to get to better devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.