HP dv2: Thoughts?

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
It's already out at Future Shop in Canada. I have actually tried one out. VERY VERY fast little machine for the money. The version that is up here has 4GB of DDR2 667, 250GB HD, ATI X1250 graphics with 64MB of dedicated memory and Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit. It's a great machine for the price ($899 CDN) I'd say it's only major competition since it's that thin and that light is the macboook air granted the air has a dual core and some faster hardware but it's also over double the money. If your daughter is just doing basic notes and such it'll be a great little notebook. It also has one thing over the Macbook Air and that is that it comes WITH the external DVD burner without you shelling out the extra $130+tax like you would at Future Shop for the external super drive for the air.

Hope this helps your decision

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009

Huh? :p

Wow, I think I'll buy one for myself and my daughter! Would you know if Future Shop has it available online? I tried out their website but couldn't find it. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 7
J Laptop Tech Support 8
A Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 2
U Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
dsr07mm Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 3
Barty1884 Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Asus Rog didn't turn on for 1 week but works fine now..any thoughts?
Solved! Can't open individual pictures.......thoughts???
My NEW SSD is NOT running like I thought it would.
Dead Dell laptop - thoughts on cause?
I’ve repaired boatloads of computers and thought I could manage about anything but I’m stuck. I have a Toshiba Satellite
My computer doesn't have an HDMI port but my projector does. The port I thought was for an HDMI cable has a straight edge on o
Headphone thought that my Headset was a Speaker
Can't type in anything including my password to open the computer. Keyboard won't work. Thought mine was broken bought a wir
My Lenovo thinkpad is totally dead after I accidentally unplug the socket while restarting after an update cause I thought it
i7 4510U thoughts ?
My asus laptop won't charge at all unless I jiggle the charger cable in the jack. I thought it was a dead battery but turns ou
Thoughts on Sony VAIO keyboard not working after Windows 10 update?
ok here the problem. im installing a game .its installing speed is really slow .i thought my hdd but
toshiba satellite NB15T wont start up. power led flashes 5 times when i press power button..any thoughts???
My mouse has quit working. Any thoughts?
I put sd card in computer and thought I downloaded it to my pc, now they are off the card and I cant find them on the computer
Hi guys, hope you can help. A few days ago my laptop suddenly slowed down after being absolutely ragged at work. I thought it
I thought intel HD3000 supports only DX10.1, yesterday I just updated my drivers and weird it shows DX 11??
my computer keeps randomly shutting down before I can do anything. thought it was the power supply. it was not. any suggestion
You thoughts on someone listing a "NEW" Dell XPS 15 Laptop for $ 1599? Scam? Refurbished?

ASK THE COMMUNITY