HP DV5 laptop won't boot, continuous beeping

supermancc03

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys,

I've got an hp dv5-1003nr laptop. They keyboard was filthy. So I popped the keys off very carefully with a small flat screwdriver. I then cleaned the keys, and then wiped the keyboard area with a dry cloth to remove any debris (crumbs and hair). Then I flipped it over and removed some of the plastic covers that cover the hardware. I used a can of air and blew some of the spots out. I then carefully replaced everything back exactly where it was (covers and keys). Now, when I turn on the laptop, it briefly flashes an HP screen then goes to a black screen with a white cursor and just continuously beeps very loudly. Like a fire alarm loud. Not like the little beep you have a stuck key. I check all of the keys and nothing seems to be stuck. I have done a lot of work on desktops before (built a bunch, took some A+ classes 5 years ago) but never laptops. I'm not afraid of opening it up completely just unsure.

What does the continuous beeping mean? I couldn't find a code for that. If anyone could give me some tips on where to start, that would be great. Right now it makes for a very large paper weight, or a great way to annoy anyone who comes over.