alexdunker

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
hi guys,

I cleaned installed windows 7 on my hp dv6-6137tx after a hard drive failure and can't get the switchable graphics to work properly. I can't do recovery because the hard drive with the recovery partition is bad and I don't have any recovery disks. All drivers would install fine except the AMD high definition graphics driver from hp. After rebooting windows would freeze on the loading screen and the only solution is to boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver.

After much searching the web and trying various solutions (since friday) I've ran out of ideas. Now I know that a lot of people have had this issue but i can't get it resolved. Right now I've managed to install the intel hd graphics using driverpack solution software but i get a code 43 with the HD 6770m.

I also tried to update the HD6770 with microst update but a get a blank screen with a _ flashing at the top left corner during installation and have to hard reset but then windows would freeze on loading screen.

If you have any ideas guys I would really appreciate the help. Now my only solution would maybe be upgrading to windows 10 and hope that it works with that OS.

Cheers

alexdunker

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

Hi I did download the drivers from the HP website when i fresh installed windows.

Anyways I just did a fresh install once more and re installed the drivers from HP starting with the Intel chipset driver then the MEI driver and finally the AMD high definition driver but it still doesn't work. Windows still freezes on the logo screen. Right now i typing this in safe mode. I'm starting to think that the problem is with my display adapter rather than my "bad" HDD.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel/AMD switchable graphics driver.8.15.10.2476 Rev.
Download only this driver and install it for your graphics hardware.

Download DDU and install it.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

First uninstall drivers for intel and amd.
Reboot into safe mode and run DDU
Reboot into normal windows mode. It will probably install Generic Display driver. That is ok.
You may need to reinstall the chipset drivers, if DDU removed part of them. Rare but sometimes it happens if you are not careful and tell it to only uninstall video drivers.
Install the above driver. Do NOT install other video card drivers.
If you still get Error Code 43 you may need to Reflow the motherboard.
Not a lot of information is available for you laptop. So I do not know if it is soldered on or MMX form factor video card. If it is MMX you may just need to remove it and reinstall it as the contacts can become dirty over time.

alexdunker

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

Hi i unistalled both the AMD and Intel drivers in safe mode with DDU. Then i rebooted the laptop and installed the driver you suggested but it gave me the error "system does not meet minimum sytem requirements". So I installed the AMD High definition driver which, according to HP and other posts, installs both the amd and intel drivers. Everything goes fine and installation completes successfully and I'm asked to reboot. Upon rebbot though the same problem that I mentioned in the original post happens. Windows would freewe on the logo screen and my computer would completely lock up(wifi button and caps lock light would not turn on/off). This same problem happens whenever i try to install the hp driver. If i use a driver from AMD that's when i get the error 43.