HP dv6700 not turning on when video cable attached

Krists_1

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
My HP Pavilion dv6700 works fine with external VGA monitor attached but when i connect 30 pin LCD flex cable (only cable without screen attached to it) power button lits up for a split second and then nothing. Same happens with screen and inverter at the other end. Could the cable be causing any issues or is it faulty motherboard?

Hi,

If it's the flex cable that has the problem the laptop would still boot up just fine but without a display and if you hook up an external monitor the display would show up on it. The only way to really determine if it's the motherboard or the LCD that has the problem would be to start by try another LCD display and see weather the same problem will happen with the new display and if it does happen that means the motherboard is faulty.

Krists_1

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It was actually a faulty inverter input cable. Two wires somehow had melted together and created a short that caused the computer not to turn on. I managed to finally power it up but internal screen shows no image, although, external one works just fine:/ Just a quick flash and then nothing. I tried using a different monitor, cable, also inverter, but still, no image. Any idea what could be causing it and wether it's even possible to fix it?