HP Elite Book Laptop Disabling Microphone

aa131002

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
How do I disable the microphone on my laptop so it doesn't amplify my voice when I'm speaking in my office?

Solution
Well are you wanting to disable it completely or just turn it off/mute it?

If all you want to do is mute it then right click on the "Speaker" icon on your task bar. Then click "Open Volume Mixer". You should see your microphone listed as one of the items who's volume you can change. At the bottom, below the microphone, you should see a little icon. Click the icon to mute it.

Now if you are wanting to turn it off completely, not just mute, go into "Control Panel" and click "Sound". In the new window click the "Recording" tab. Now right click on your microphone in the list and click "Disable". Then click "Apply" and "OK". You should be all good then.
Well are you wanting to disable it completely or just turn it off/mute it?

If all you want to do is mute it then right click on the "Speaker" icon on your task bar. Then click "Open Volume Mixer". You should see your microphone listed as one of the items who's volume you can change. At the bottom, below the microphone, you should see a little icon. Click the icon to mute it.

Now if you are wanting to turn it off completely, not just mute, go into "Control Panel" and click "Sound". In the new window click the "Recording" tab. Now right click on your microphone in the list and click "Disable". Then click "Apply" and "OK". You should be all good then.

Solution