HP: Engadget Doesn't Have Latest on Our Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Would not be surprised if this is just a ploy to get people to actually pay attention to what HP have to say on Feb 9. Regardless im looking forward to what they have to present.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
yeah i'm thinking, why do third-party sources have more news on a company, than the company itself that just asks you to wait for further announcement?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]yeah i'm thinking, why do third-party sources have more news on a company, than the company itself that just asks you to wait for further announcement?[/citation]
Information coming form the company is seen as biased, info coming from a third-party reputable site is seen as more reliable and unbiased.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Information coming form the company is seen as biased, info coming from a third-party reputable site is seen as more reliable and unbiased.[/citation]
Except, Engadget has never been a reputable site.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Except, Engadget has never been a reputable site.[/citation]Although way more reputable than this one...

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Please, please... HP, don't mention END'gadget in anything. The negative press that place gives to Windows makes me want to cry. In a recent presentation one of their experts (Sam) stated that Windows didn't come with an on-screen keyboard... Oh my.

Please, don't give them any more interest that they're worth. Then again, I'm sure HP will pay NICELY for their upcoming reviews :)

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Although way more reputable than this one...[/citation]

Seriously.... I really don't think so. For example... just look at the amount of Apple coverage that page runs for one new release.. it's shocking at times. The ONLY reason I visit End'Gadget is due to the fact that they get news first.

Maybe if Toms got off it's backside and grabbed the info first... thats a thought :)

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]Seriously.... I really don't think so. For example... just look at the amount of Apple coverage that page runs for one new release.. it's shocking at times. The ONLY reason I visit End'Gadget is due to the fact that they get news first. Maybe if Toms got off it's backside and grabbed the info first... thats a thought[/citation]
Yea that's one of the two reasons I don't like Toms that much right now, the other is the website. Hopefully they're doing a good job with the new one, but they still need to hire some people to find the news faster,

maybe the same week as everybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.